Well I have some news. Some of you may already know but I extended my holidays by two weeks. This was originally done to cater for a friends birthday - but it seems these plans have fallen through and their visit will not be happening. It was all to be a surprise too, as they would have thought I would have been home. Oh well.
So I have an extra two weeks. My Amsterdam plans were going rather slowly and then I had a thought. I do plan on heading back to London sometime (probably in the summer). I do not need to do Amsterdam now - I can do it then, along with Ireland and Scotland. It is unlikely that I will be in this part of the world again at this time of year SO I have decided to head to Turkey and will be at Gallipoli for the Dawn Service on Australia Day. Booked it all this morning. Will be on a FANATICS Anzac Day Tour from 19th till the 27th. Should be quite interesting. If you want to see what this entails just go to ANZAC TOUR .
This means I really need to get off my butt and do my London sight-seeing. I now only have a week. First thing tomorrow :D
Did have quite a laugh the other day. Seems I have a wife and child !!! Well, not really. Parking is an issue in London, especially near football grounds. We are not far from Arsenals home ground of Highbury. There was a knock at the door the other day and Charissa answered. A workman wanted to park his car in our driveway while he was working down the road. Charissa allowed him to do so. The net day there was a knock at the door and I answered it. It was the same workman wanting to do the same thing. He had a bag of goodies (fruit etc) with him as payment for my WIFE allowing him to do so the day before. LOL. The following day James answered the door and it was thought he was Charissa s and my son. Double lol !
Saw Ace Frehley the other night. For those heathens who are unaware who that is, Ace Frehley was KISSs original guitarist. Now he isnt in the same league as Hendrix, Santana, Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, Knopfler etc, but he is still my fave guitarist and fave KISS member of all time. It was a great gig and justifies my trip (if it ever needed justifying). Took some pics and vids. Pics are on Facebook. Vids not too successful as sound is very poor - too loud for my phones recording ability, so they were ditched.
Was out almost every night last week with trivia, soccer matches, dinners and gigs. Resting this weekend as I have a full week of sight-seeing to do, as well as pack for Turkey. Just a bit of trivia for everyone - Istanbul is the ONLY city in the world that sits on two continents !!
And with that useful information I shall bid you farewell for now from London.
I was wondering who the hell you were talking about when you sent me the sms about Ace Freshley. So glad you enjoyed it :) See you soon(ish) xxx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteagree with shane totally, as i got the lovely pleasure of meeting all the fantatic that went last year to turkey... but hope you have fun!
ReplyDelete