Saturday, June 14, 2014

Chicago 2014 (1)

Well I have just completed day one here in the windy city. It seems I may have replicated my first visit here in 2011 and managed to get sunburnt again ! I was probably only out for 5 hrs but it was all in the sun. One of the first things I will need to do tomorrow is to grab some sunscreen.

Spent a few hours at the Blues Festival this morning. Saw some great kids playing. They have music schools here that teach that are heavily blues based. First band I saw was 3 kids, guitar, bass and drums. Pretty sure the drummer would have been yet to turn 10 ! Dang they were good. Wanted to get a bit of video of them but it was just too difficult with the crowd.

Also saw a choir style band with a bunch of kids who each played a harmonica part of the song. These kids were pretty young too but were great.

Didn't stay as long as I wanted because I had to watch the Socceroos play Chile in their first game of the World Cup. They were much better in the second half but I think their only chance of getting points has now gone

Will head back to the festival tomorrow. Again I wont stay til the end as I plan to see Jello Biafra tomorrow night

I still love Chicago

ps having trouble uploading photos - you may have to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment