So I'm about to leave NYC again. It has been a wild ride.
Writing this blog in JFK. Still got a couple of hours till my flight. One thing for any of you thinking about travelling - direct flights, although dearer, are the way to go. My flight to London is via Zurich (close to 10hrs before I get there !) My flight home from Londow is also via Zurich but then via Singapore before Brisbane. In one way it breaks the flights up; the other is it makes it longer. I think my last trips were all direct.
I got sick of typing this - the above was written 5 days ago. I have now spent 4 full days in London. Day 1 I did my bus re-orientation. Also caught up with a friend for a picnic in Hyde Park. That night I headed out to watch the World Cup playoff for 3rd place. Went to Camden fist up, then to a pub suggested by a few friends. It was pretty good and I ended up getting home at 4am. Needless to say I didn't do much the next day but did head out locally to watch the final that night. This was a much more sedate night but was still good in it's own right. Met an ex-pat who was the local priest. He had some of his family and friends with him and (Aussies) and some of his local congregation (mostly Germans bar 1 Pom). It was a pretty intresting night.
Yesterday caught up with an ex-coworker who has been here for a dozen or so years now, running his own IT business. Had a good lunch and chin-wag before I wandered up to Camden Markets (didn't find what I was looking for).
Today I went to the Tower of London. I took a few photos last time but I did not do the tour. Pretty interesting and I have now seen the Crown Jewels.
Just at home before I ready myself to hit a pub for trivia with some friends.
I near you guys are a little cold there back in Oz - supposed to hit 30°C here on Friday 😊
Well I had better get back to having fun
No comments:
Post a Comment