Kylie had some plans of visiting Sentosa Island but she read my blog yesterday morning and realised I had already been there - sorry to ruin those plans Kylie. So we just went wandering round. We visited a 'wet' market. If any of you are over here and have queezy stomachs, or are vegetarians, this is not for you. It is really just many stalls doing some open-air butchery. It is called a 'wet' market cos the floor is always wet with water - keeping the floor clean I guess. I would't want to be hanging around there with lots of leftovers cooking in the heat of Singapore !
Again, it was really too hot to eat but I did and at least had non-Western food. The old Vietnamese spring rolls and chicken noodle soup were on the menu for lunch. It wasn't from a street vendor/hawker though, we visited a restaurant. Still have to try the street stuff.
Shop opening hours here are a little weird. Most stuff opens around 11 and stays open into the night. In my wanderings earlier in the week I found this store that had a tshirt I just had to buy. Why I didn't get it then and there is beyond me but Kylie and I had a bit of trouble finding the store again. Eventually did and it was closed ! No opening hours listed either. I will go back today (after having made note of where it is) and see if they are open.
Well now to some photos.
This is the war memorial to the civilians who died during Japanese occupation in the WWII
This and the next photo are of Singapore's Parliament building, taken from a boat ride on the river. Not great photos but hey, I'm learning.
Just a shot of Clarke Quay, showing some riverside eateries, which are in the old shop/house buildings with the newer skyline in the background.
Again, a very average photo but that yellow shop is 'Hooters' !!
Hey Tony, Sounds like a pretty cool place to visit. My cousin lives in Singapore has done for years now and just loves it. Say Hi to kylie for me next time you see her. Have fun and take care. Noeleen xo
ReplyDelete