Yesterday was a rest day. Let's pretend it had nothing to do with hangover I successfully installed on the Thursday night. Visited a nightclub on the belief that it was a punk night. Turns out that was old info and it was indie night. It wasn't bad. Absolutely dead til about half 10 then packed within 15-30mins ! I should have gone back the following night - it was rock night.
Today I went on a tour on an amphibious vehicle. I did one like this when I was in Singapore. Took some videos and photos - they have been posted. It probably wasn't worth the money. Montreal is reasonably expensive in Canadian terms. Our $AUD is pretty similar the the $CAD at this time.
I also hired a pushbike and went for a ride along the Lachine canal, and over the river to take some more photos of that weird Habitat 67. It was an easy ride, but I bet I will feel it tomorrow as I haven't been on a bike for ages. And the hire bike wasn't the greatest either. But I managed a good 30km and it was a nice ride. Except for it being 30degrees here. I think I have a tan, yuk ! It has been pretty sunny and warm for my whole trip to date - hence the 'tan'. I actually rode on part of the Indy/F1 circuit too !!
I will also head back to the pier later tonight, just as it gets dark (10pm). They are currently having the Montreal International Fireworks Competition here. It is the largest fireworks competition in the world. Fireworks from different countries every Wed and Sat night. Tonight is Australia with their 'Colours of Kakadu' display. I will take my camera, but going on my previous night photos, they might not be worth posting !! They are synchronised to music, but the venue where this occurs charges between $30 - $60 for the 30min show ! Think I will stick to the free, music-less showing at the pier !! Just read it may be simulcast like our Riverfire, so I may do that. A quick web search shows that YouTube has some of the previous shows from this year posted so you might get to see the Australian one if someone posts it. I wonder who won the last competition ? Well lookee, Alberta/Canada gold, Sweden silver and France bronze. Let's hope for a podium finish !
My next stop will be New York. It was going to be Boston, but I changed my plans. I will go to Boston after New York. It is a little back and forth, but I had a bit of looping to do wishing to visit all the places I want to, so it really doesn't matter. NY should be great !
Hmm, my countdown timer tells me I still have 100 days of my holidays left ! I wonder what it is like to be working at the moment ;p
Only 100 days to go.......and then its back to work for you as well. Sorry to harsh your buzz.
ReplyDeleteIts still the same here Tony except we dont go to nook nook anymore, as the price of beer remains at $15. We will advice you of the new location in due course.
ReplyDeleteTravels sound great buddy, thanks for the 5 minute break. I reckon you would look like Albie Mangle with a tan.
Adam
Ha at Adam. Alby Mangle ie creepy old bronzed hanging around young chics to go on his world adventures. or is that travel pig.
ReplyDelete