Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Day Montreal

It was another stinking hot day. I was originally thinking of hiring a bike again and heading out to the Olympic Stadium - you may have seen the photos of the tower that's on quite a lean. But it was way too hot for that so I just wandered around my little neighbourhood. Rue Saint-Catherine is a major shopping street here in Montreal and I was only a couple of blocks away. On a Sunday they close it to trafic and it is similar to the markets, except it goes for a klm or two. I found that in one section they had some old cars on display - the photos have been posted.


All the shops seem to have stalls on the street to sell their wares, as well as the shop itself. If I had an extra day or two I may have purchased some Converse / Vans ($29-$39/pr) and maybe some Doc Martins ($49pr). There was no way these were fitting into my already choc-o-block bag, and I had no time to organise postage, so I had to give them a miss :(   There was quite a range too.

I did make it to the fireworks and took a few photos - some are ok. I have posted these too. To be honest, fireworks don't do that much for me - seen one you seem em all.

Anyways, off to New York next.

3 comments:

  1. Get us a photo of you with a tan... or is all the brown below the belt? San Fran musta been awesome.

    TP's Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raccoon eyes and tshirt tan I'm afraid. And I don't know what you mean about San Fran - haven't been there yet !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that your telling us about anyway!! I am guessing you have moved in with your boyfriend by now!

    ReplyDelete