So I'm here a few days in San Diego. Got here and found that a couple of good bands were playing - Dropkick Murphy's and The Swinging Utters - so it was a good start. The following day I did my 'usual' orientation tour. Looks like a nice place.
Today I went to the San Diego Zoo. It is definitely one of the better zoos I have been to. So if you're an animal lover, you may want to check out my photos. Some photos are pretty good (in my opinion) but others are pretty poor - I apologise in advance for those !
Right near the zoo is a large park, Balboa Park. Along with being a great open area, it has many museums, that range from art, sports, automotive and aerospace. I haven't investigated any of these and it looks like I may not get a chance due to time constraints. I did take a walk through and took some pics of the buildings that house these displays. San Diego had an expo to celebrate the opening of the Panama Canal. San Diego is the closest US port, so they held the expo to attract tourism, and to seem even more attractive, the structures were modeled accordingly.
Tomorrow I hope to hire a pushbike and ride the waterfront and maybe visit the USS Midway.






No comments:
Post a Comment